So, I was here blogging and reading posts and I get nominated. It’s always exciting. And guess who nominated me and for what?
Of course you can’t guess. I’m being stupid.
Sheetal nominated me for Freestyle Writing Challenge (Thus the title)
It’s really easy.
First the nominations:
The rules are:
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. of words = ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nomination (at least five (5) bloggers).
I took the ‘5 min’ challenge. I was given the topic ‘Being an independent teen’
Here’s my post:
Being an independent teen.
That’s what everyone wants right? To get some freedom. We teenagers like to be independent. Do anything we want and not have to tell anyone. Even the mama’s boy and Daddy’s little girl sometimes want nothing but a little time to themselves where they can be free. For me independence is very important because the more you try to control me, the more I’ll try to be free. So it’s important that parents understand and give us teens some space. It’s not like it used to be before when we used to tell them everything, where are we going, what are we doing… etc. But now we want to do things our way and not have to explain anything. Because it’s our life, our choice. Sometimes it leads to really bad consequences. When the teens are given full freedom, they tend to get in trouble (BIG TROUBLE). But being really strict isn’t any good either. So perfect balance is needed. Some ground rules need to be set. And every once in a while, give us a chance to fly. We are sensible enough not to break your trust but also reckless enough to get all the fun.
No. Of words : 201 ( Do note that I typed it on my phone in 5 min. So don’t judge if it is not good)
Your topic is : Friendship! So go for it! 😀 iI’m waiting to see your posts.